Boss BV9986BI Bluetooth-Enabled In-Dash DVD/MP3/CD AM/FM Receiver
Platinum Online Dealer Warranty
3 year BOSS Audio Platinum Online Dealer Warranty when purchased from Amazon. com
• Switchable US & Europe Tuner Frequencies – If you happen to take the BV9986BI outside of the US, you are able to pick up European frequencies so that you can enjoy your music abroad as well. • RDS Tuner – ‘RDS’ stands for ‘Radio Data System’ and it allows FM broadcasters to send far more than just an analog audio signal out over the air waves. Using a 57 kHz ‘subcarrier’, stations can transmit digital RDS data for reception by RDS-equipped FM tuners. Depending on what the broadcaster transmits and what your tuner can pick up, you can receive information such as the name of the artist/song, name of the station, genre, traffic information and more. • Front AUX (Auxiliary) In – This little input in the front of the BV9986BI that says ‘AUX’ is an interface that allows the input of audio signals for MP3 players, headphones and portable music players. It is for Audio only and not video. • Output Power: 85 watts x 4 Channels – The BV9986BI offers 4 channels that can be used to hook up 4 speakers. Typically though, it is a much better practice to have an amplifier running your system.
Inputs / Outputs And Playback
1)Inputs & Outputs • Front, Rear and Subwoofer Outputs • Video Output • Rear Camera Input • Rear Audio/Video Inputs • USB Ports (Front and rear) 2) Playback • DVD±R/RW Video • CD±RW Audio & Video • MP3 / WMA
Full iPod / iPhone Control
With this cool feature you are able to control your iPod/iPhone just like you normally do. There is a 30 Pin Dock connector cable located in the rear of the BV9986BI and all you have to do is to simply plug and play.
Compatible With Audio Output of iPod / iPhone, Smartphones, and MP3 Players
A great feature that comes in handy is the AUX input located in front of the unit. What this does is that it allows you to connect a device that has an Auxiliary output, such as your iPhone/iPod, smartphone and MP3 player straight into the Auxiliary input of your head unit. So basically a cable that has (2) 3.5mm (male) plugs. Important: Please beware that this feature is not the same as the “Full iPod Control”. This feature will only allow you to control your music by clicking on the designated buttons via the face or front side of your unit.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Bluetooth technology is a short-range radio technology that was developed to provide wireless audio and data transmission. Two Bluetooth-enabled devices (like a mobile phone and a car) can be paired so that they establish a communication link when they come within range of each other. Depending on the device, the range can be anywhere from 3 to 300 feet. The BV9986BI supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). A2DP is a Bluetooth profile that allows for the wireless transmission of stereo audio from an A2DP source (typically a phone or computer) to an A2DP receiver (a set of Bluetooth headphones or stereo system).
Steering Wheel Interface
You can be even safer now with the interface capability that allows you to connect the existing steering wheel controls that you already have straight to the BV9986BI in a wide variety of vehicles to almost any brand of aftermarket stereos. You will be able to control the volume, change channels, answer calls and more.
With this function you are able to answer you phone with just one press of a button. When the call ends you can either hang up first by pressing just one button again or do nothing at all as long as the person you were talking to hangs up first. Just keep on driving without any distractions.
SD Memory Card Port
After the face plate is removed, you are able to insert an SD memory card with your favorite audio and video files.
- Resolution: 800 x 480 Pixels
- Compatible with audio output of iPod and other MP3 players
- Brightness: 600 NITS
- USB and SD Memory Card ports
- 7-Inch Touchscreen TFT widescreen active matrix display