Galaxy CB radios are designed with Features that a serious CB operator can appreciate and a new user can easily master. The radio functions are laid out in a driver friendly format essential for ease of use while keeping your eyes focused on the road ahead. Each knob or button controls its own task, minimizing the need to look at a display or cycle through multiple menus. Big radio Features in a smaller package set the DX-979F apart from the crowd. A big calibrated meter, front mic jack and sideband operation along with our backlit faceplate give this radio maximum bang for the buck. Galaxy DX-979F Features include: AM/SSB and PA Modes. Large, easy-to-read meter with: power output scale calibrated for AM and SSB. Modulation percentage scale for use on AM. Incoming signal strength scale indicates up to 60 dB over S9. SWR ratio scale. StarLite faceplate (all lettering is backlit in blue). Automatic SWR circuit (no complicated calibration procedure). High SWR alert circuit with warning LED. Talkback circuit with on/off switch and volume control. Variable power output control. Variable dimmer control. Noise Blanker and Automatic Noise Limiter circuits. Blue frequency and channel LEDs with blue meter lamp. Mid-sized chassis with front mic jack. Clarifier control. Blue/Red LED indicator for RX/TX. Receive (RF) gain control. Mic gain control. Rear jacks for external speaker and public address use. Two year Limited Warranty. Dimensions:7-1/4″W x 9″D x 2-3/16″H (Can slide into a 7-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ opening) (Depth does not include knobs or antenna connector). Radio weight with microphone: 4.1 pounds. Shipping weight: 5.6 pounds. What’s in the box beside the radio: Handheld microphone, radio mounting bracket and microphone mounting hardware, power cord, owner’s manual.
- Medium sized chassis with front mic jack allows for installation in tight quarters (7-1/2″ wide opening)
- Star Lite faceplate makes all lettering glow in the dark
- Large, easy-to-read meter with scales for power output, modulation, SWR and incoming signal
- Two-digit channel display with large blue digits, variable power output control, variable talkback circuit with on/off switch, Automatic SWR circuit and an SWR alert LED, variable dimmer control
- Rear connector for accessory Galaxy six-digit frequency counter (purchased separately – not included)f