What is a Capacitor?
A capacitor is a passive (it consumes, but does not produce, energy) two-terminal electrical component. In building a sound system for your car, you would want to use a capacitor for a couple of different reasons.
Why Do I Need One?
The main reason a capacitor is always recommended is for power reserve. The capacitor stores energy and releases it very quickly to the amplifier(s).
How Does This Help?
Music is dynamic, no matter what type you listen to, and the dynamics can vary quickly, going from soft voices to thundering bass notes. These moments are where the benefit of having a capacitor is heard. The amplifier requires a constant amount of steady power to function efficiently and power the speakers. A capacitor will keep the power going to the amplifier consistent and stabilized, which means a better-sounding system.
Important: The remote output of the head unit is connected to the remote turn on of the capacitor. The capacitor will not function if the remote wire is not connected to your head unit.
|Model||2 Farad||3.5 Farad||4 Farad||8 Farad||30 Farad||Color||Dimensions
(L x W x H)
|CAP2B||•||Black||3″ x 3″ x 10.30″|
|CAP3.5B||•||Black||4″ x 4″ x 11.37″|
|CAP3.5S||•||Silver||4″ x 4″ x 11.37″|
|CAP4C||•||Chrome||4″ x 4″ x 11.37″|
|CAP8||•||Black||9″ x 6″ x 2″|
|CAP30||•||Black||11.38″ x 7.25″ x 3″|
What’s in the Box
- One pair of mounting brackets
- 2 ring terminals
- 2 spade terminals
- Mounting screws
- 1 resistor
- 1 Allen wrench
- Power up procedures
- Power down and removal
- 3 Digit Super Bright Blue Digital LED Voltage Display
- Audible Warning Tone for Reverse Polarity, Voltage Overload and Low Battery Voltage
- Voltage Measurement Accurate to + / – 0.1 VDC
- Automatic Sleep Status When Volume Is Low Or There Is No Voltage Variation Present
- Capacitance: 8,000,000, Working Voltage: 16 VDC, Surge Voltage: 24 VDC
- Equivalent Series Resistance: 0.015 Ohm @ 100 Hz / 25°C, Capacitance Tolerance: + / – 10%
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 2, Unit Weight: 5.3 Lbs
- 1 Year Warranty